Email: Prof.Paul.King@Gmail.com (recommended) or PKing@CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Assignment 1: Case Studies. Select 3 potential case study subjects. Format each on a separate 11 x 17 sheet for a total of 3 sheets. Print before class. Pinup in corridor outside the classroom. (bring pins)
You do not have to visit these buildings yet. Just look to see how much information you can gather between now and the next class. Put this on your board. Do not be concerned if you cannot find complete information.
- Must be located in NYC (One of the 5 boroughs) so you can visit it often.
- Steel frame building
- Has public access (CUNY Buildings, Museums, Commercial buildings)
- Multistory (4 or more stories)
- Large public lobby space (must be at least a double height space)
- Monumental or public stair in the public lobby (optional)
- Two or more materials on the facade. For example glass curtain wall and metal panels.
Assignment 2: The Scavenger Hunt: Select 3 things that interest you in the project file. Create three views (plan, elevations,section) all of the same scale for each for a total of 9 views. A good scale to use is 1/2″ = 1′-0″. Do not print. Bring your project file to class. Rename the project file as follows: LastName_Firstname-ScavengerHunt.RVT