There are 5 basic wall sections as follows:
- GYM with Roof & Truss
- Atrium with Roof and Truss
- Composite showing where GYM meets Atrium
- Composite showing where Atrium meets Laboratory
Follow this process:
- Start from a building section (scale matches your plans)
- Create a callout of the building section to create the wall section
- Set the scale of the wall section to 3/4″ = 1′-0″
- From the 3/4″ section make additional callouts at 1 1/2″ or 3″
To fit the 3/4″ wall section on the sheet (in this example the wall section requires 3 columns of space on the sheet)
- Select the 3/4″ wall section and begin by cropping the views and move these together as needed. Assuming this does not fit on the sheet and needs 3 columns do the following:
- Repeat the “Duplicate as De pendant” command three times. Name them Top, Middle and Bottom.
- Take each of these and place them next to each other on a sheet (they will not initially fit on the page). Select which cropping to keep for each.
Add the 1 1/2″ details to the sheets:
- Create the next level of callouts and add them to the sheets.
Add isometric views of your details
- Use the “Orient to View” technique that we used in the scavenger hunt and create isometric views of your details. You can do this from either a plan view or a section view.
Print and Redmark:
- Print out your details on 11 x 17.
- Use a red pen/pencil and add notes – research these on the internet as a start.
Remember the goal is to tell a complete story.