Hug a Column: Rob at the Unfinished NJIT Wellness Center 2017
Curtain Wall System for Golden1 Center. Drawing in Rhino/REVIT by Atul Pathare
Sacramento Kings Practice Court 2017 (Photo Paul Crosby)
Architecture is a team sport! David designing NJIT in Kansas City in 2017
No Detail too small: Finger Pull options for a bedroom dresser
Building Systems: Complex geometry Steel Detail at the NJIT Wellness Center in Newark

Hi Everyone:

Endless Need, Limitless Joy, Unending Imagination……Architecture for All

I’m a California boy, and I bring that sense of the frontier to our class – I am inspired by the architects who wanted to make a new, inclusive world, responsive to the changing demands of modern life. The world moves forward, not back.

I love Building, Buildings and Construction. I have had the pleasure of designing both houses (most in Los Angeles) and bigger buildings for the public good:  including several hospitals you may know in NY (King’s County in Brooklyn), the 911 Call Center for NYC (The Hutch Parkway The Bronx) which protects us all against a repeat of the (9/11) terrorist attacks, and I am really proud of the Golden1Center, which is the NBA arena for the Sacramento Kings.  I hope I can impart some of the excitement of those buildings to you, and we learn about what gets YOU excited about architecture and making buildings.

Please introduce yourself to me and your classmates. You can do this by adding a comment to this post. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before our first class, please add your introduction and read any comments to your introduction. Please also read your classmates introductions. 

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.