- 24″x36″ sheet size is acceptable for all assignments.
- Avoid metal scales and triangles.
- All triangles to be flat edge, no bevel (for lead drafting, not ink drafting)
- Lead holders are the best drawing tool for hand drafting. Buy a range of lead weights (2h, 4h, H) to allow for a variety of line weights.)
- Parallel rules are much more reliable than t-squares. Parallels require a board or table to which they can be screwed down. You can buy 1/2 plywood, have it cut to 30″x40″, then buy a vinyl board cover (see bellow) and use double stick tape to mount it to the board. Then screw parallel rule to board.