Quinn Dombrowski from Berkeley, USA, CC BY-SA 2.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

The end is in sight, which is great! But there’s still work to do to finish this semester.

I’ve said that the deadline for the Final Reflection and Final Portfolio is flexible, and I want to encourage you to think about when the best time to submit it will be for you. I would rather you take your math final, for example, having slept and focused on studying, and then finish your work for ENG 1101 after that. Although I asked everyone to aim for 12/16 (today!), I have talked to some of you about submitting your work on Friday or even Monday or Tuesday. Please think about what’s best for your success this semester as well as your health and well-being.

I wasn’t planning to have any office hours or writing lab after today, but I can add them as needed. Would anyone want to join a Zoom on Thursday morning to work on the reflection or portfolio together, or to ask me questions? I’m happy to Zoom with you at our regular writing lab time or another time if that’s better. The same goes for Monday’s and Tuesday’s office hours.

As you’re finalizing your work, if it makes sense for you to add to the discussions we had all semester, please do. I think catching up on these conversations is a helpful way to engage with the projects, especially if you didn’t participate in the discussion previously–but feel free to add to what you have already contributed, too.

If there’s anything else I can help you with this semester, whether it’s related to our course or not, please reach out to me. I hope you’ll keep in touch after this semester, too, and let me be a resource for you as you continue your City Tech career.

Good luck finishing everything!