Prof. Duddy ARCH1101.OLC5 | Prof. Rosen ENG1101.LC07

Sinia Boseman – Project #3

While doing project 2, some things that I’ve learned were the important aspects of self reflection. Self reflection is important because it gives people the opportunity to fix past mistakes and to do better for themselves and/or possibly others. Another reason why self reflection is important is that it can have beneficial factors. Those factors are that it can improve your mental health and can help you become more organized. A specific genre to tell a specific group the information I’ve learned is a blog. I recommend a YouTube video because, I personally think, it seems more personal to the author rather than a magazine article, vlog, etc. The information that I’ve gathered for my annotated bibliography, will be beneficial to the audience of students of different majors in general, people who may have different conditions, and anyone in particular. This research relates to them because it provides information that can be beneficial for their lifestyles for people of both gender and ages from 16+ I believe people will benefit from my annotated bibliography because it gives helpful information that can help people better themselves. A genre that I would choose to use to reach and appeal to my audience would be a YouTube video. The reasoning is because a video is better for people to comprehend rather than an article or anything that has to be read. A YouTube video will be beneficial for people who are visual learners. Not only would it be easier for people to understand, but I think it also relates to the age and community they’re part in. I’ve personally seen students in my age rank prefer a video and/or visual representation rather than reading an article. Students read an article and may lose interest and not properly gather the information. The YouTube video won’t include me talking but it’ll include someone who studied and has more knowledge on self reflection and getting to know the inner you better. The video will be short but informative because people can sometimes lose focus and not remember any important information by the end of the video because a bunch of information that may not be important was thrown at them.  Captions and visuals will also be on the screen. The captions will benefit the audience who may write things down as they watch the video and won’t have to keep pausing the video or rewind to find out what the video said. Visuals will also benefit the audience because they can get their attention and for people who are visual learners rather than someone sit in front of a camera and speak.

1. Jody R. Rosen

A YouTube video is certainly a good way to reach some people. Who specifically are you trying to reach to tell them about the importance of self-reflection?

Some other things to consider: What will the video include? Is it a video of you talking? Are you showing other visuals and including voice-over but not your face/ body on screen? How long would you want your video to be? That really matters in terms of engaging your audience: too short and you can’t say enough; too long and few viewers will finish it–some might not even click on it! Will you have captions so viewers can read along? Would this be a stand-alone video, or would it be posted on a specific YouTube channel?

You can refer back to the Project #3 guidelines to see how you might incorporate answers to these questions and others into your finished Project #3.

• SiniaB

I’ve updated my response.