Class Info

• Date: 11/18-12/1
  • Meeting Info: In addition to the asynchronous portion of our class, we have the following synchronous opportunities, using the Zoom link distributed earlier this semester (ask if you need me to resend!):
    • Optional writing lab session: Thursday, 11/19, 10:20am-11:20am.
    • Office Hours: Monday 11/23 10:20-11:20 and Tuesday 11/24 1:30-2:30, and Monday, 11/30 10:20-11:20 and Tuesday, 12/1 1:30-2:30, and by appointment–just ask!

To-Do Before Class

Project #2 was due this past week. If you’re still working on it, please continue to work on it and aim to finish it this week. If you need help, especially if you don’t think you can finish it by the end of this week (12/1), then please get in touch with me so we can make a plan.

Topic

Transitioning from Project #2 to Project #3; Thanksgiving holiday

Objectives

• To take time off from schoolwork for as much of the long weekend as possible!
  • To stay safe and healthy
  • To take some time for reflection during the long weekend
  • To consider who needs to know what you identified as standing out from Project #2 and how you would convey that information to them.

To-Do This Week

Actions

• Try to take some time for personal reflection. If your long weekend is filled with other responsibilities, you might fit in even just a mini-reflection. If you can, incorporate something you learned about through your research to enhance your reflection experience.
  • Project #3 was going to ask you to create your own source–an article, a blog post, a twitter thread, a TED Talk, etc–to communicate what you learned in Project #2 to the group you think needs to learn that information. Instead, we’re going to be writing what we would have created and why. Details to follow soon. Over the long weekend, have these questions deep in the background in your mind–you’ll bring them back into the foreground after the weekend:
    1. what did I learn in Project #2 that stands out to me?
    2. who else would benefit from learning that things that stands out to me?
    3. what genre would I use to best reach that group?

Reading

• Read anything you need to catch up on for this course, on our site, or from your or your classmates’ annotated bibliographies that needs more attention.
  • Will you have any time to read for pleasure? I’m hoping to.

Writing

• On Monday or Tuesday, after the long weekend, contribute to these discussions:
    • If you found time for some reflection, what was the experience like now that you’re more informed about reflection? You don’t need to share what you thought about, but contribute to our discussion by sharing a few sentences about whether you used anything you learned about in your research during your time for reflection and how that was or wasn’t helpful.
    • Remember those three questions you kept in the background in your mind? Find some time to shift it to the front of your thinking and share your answers in our discussion. As a reminder, here are those three questions:

Enjoy the holiday if you celebrate, the time off from school, and hopefully a little peace and quiet–or activity and noise if that’s what you prefer! Stay safe and healthy!