In our discussion for this week, teach us a word you learned or learned better while doing research. Add a comment to this post that includes the following:
- the word
- what source you found it in
- the passage it comes from–that means include the sentence it comes from and possibly the one before and the one after. Enough to get a sense of what the author is writing about more broadly than just the one sentence will provide.
- what the word means (a dictionary definition, such as from Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary, being sure to use the most relevant definition) Note: if you are not using a written text, do your best to transcribe the spoken words.
- a paraphrase of the sentences you quoted, where the meaning of the passage and the word are clear from the way you paraphrase.
- any images or other media that can help us understand the word, either by adding it in the comment or by linking to it.