Thoughts on the Second Shoot – Wilbert Perez

For the second shoot of the final project for our class, I was able to shoot. Luckily being able to shoot first amongst my classmates, I was able to find a sweet spot for my set-up fairly quickly. After tinkering with a separate light and the overhead light, I turned my only light source into a soft-box attached overhead onto a boom. With a black backdrop, the devices that I was shooting had no problem standing out in the light. Using a black plexi table top to sit underneath my devices, I was able to get a clear and good representation of my idea. My reflections were clear and crisp. I had to make sure to clean the plexi after every device due to the dust which could dropped and later appear in the photo. Another essential tool that helped tremendously was a tri-pod. I may go back and re-shoot some products to get better results. In the end, I believe I did a good job reducing the shininess that occurs when shooting several electronic devices. For my next shoot, I plan to finish up my shoots and get to printing.

One thought on “Thoughts on the Second Shoot – Wilbert Perez

1. rmichals

You did a great job of getting nice clean shots that are technically proficient. Now you need to make your final images visually engaging as well.