Sixth Journal Entry

Throughout my experience at my placement site, I learned the importance of editing and resizing images for future use. The images I edit are campus photos, both indoors and outdoors. My job is to enhance each photo to reflect a bright and attractive atmosphere at City Tech. Improving a photograph is very important for advertisement purposes, including one’s social media presence. When editing, I correct the temperature, the brightness/contrast, and exposure. These adjustments are critical when changing a gloomy environment into a pleasant one.

On the left is the original image.
On the right is the edited version of the original image.
This image is cropped for a more flawless look.

Resizing images are for print and digital purposes. City Tech uses Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as their prominent platforms to welcome new-comers, to keep enrolled staff/students up-to-date on events, and to encourage City Tech alumni to stay in contact. When resizing images, the main purpose it to crop out things that are insignificant or distracting. In addition, each social platform has a specific ratio for uploaded content.

The top image is the original image.
The bottom image is the edited version of the original image.
This image is resized to fit for Facebook’s cover photo or Twitter’s header. (Size ratio may differ slightly but can be adjusted)
This image is resized and cropped to fit Instagram’s ratio.