About Me

My name is Andres Nunez and I am currently a student studying Communication Design at New York City College of Technology. Before I was studying Communication Design, I was studying Architect at the same college. As life goes on some incidents happen, and so after a year and a half of studying Architect, I transferred to Kingsborough Community College and switched my major to Graphic Design and Illustration. After two years at KCC, I graduated with an Associate Degree and transferred back to City Tech. I made switch from Architect to Communication Design after wanting to create designs and projects for anything that comes to mind. This major allows me to be more creative and use more options around me. I am interested in design marketing because with this I am able to talk about a product while using a design or a photo with it. Instead of just trying to talk to one person at a time, I can create an advertisement that has the information in one spot and can reach a larger group of people.

While I was studying Architect, I enjoyed going through the history of it and how a lot has changed but I was also noticing paintings and drawing about the culture and nature surrounding the Architect I was looking at. I started leaning more towards the painting and wanting to know more about them. I enjoyed how certain paintings were created to tell a story, show religion, and in some cases, to show a specific a person. Logo changes were something I was also drawn too. I was drawn to logo changes because I was starting to notice many companies changing their logos and some were even changing their color schemes. I noticed it was happening to sport teams as well. In my head I kept telling myself why some companies changed their logo to something less appealing, and that I could probably do something just slightly if not even better then the new result.