Job Search Process

I am a Graphic Design intern at Bridge Agency Anthony is my direct supervisor; he is the Media Producer and Digital Artist for the company. I was placed at Bridge Agency through the Brooklyn Tech Triangle Internship Program (BTTIP). BTTIP is a highly competitive program internship program that is an exclusive opportunity for CityTech students. For the summer program, they received over 150 applicants for a total of 58 positions.

The Brooklyn Tech Triangle Internship Program was started in June of 2013 though the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), as a partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, and the member organizations of the Brooklyn Tech Triangle (The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation, Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, DUMBO Business Improvement District) and CityTech. Its goal is to connect CityTech students with companies within the Brooklyn Tech Triangle, many of them startups, for semester long internships. The interns are paid through the CUNY Research Foundation instead of the host company.

Through the BTTIP program I applied to positions that I was interested in, Bridge Agency was the second one I applied to. Bridge Agency was not able to attend the BTTIP speed interview session at CityTech, so I did not have the opportunity to interview with them. I did interview with three companies at the speed interviews, and I networked with five additional companies during the networking hour. The businesses were able to choose the interns that they preferred and ultimately the BTTIP coordinator places the students using the input from the companies. I received notification of my placement at Bridge Agency eight business days after the speed interviews, and six business days before the start of the internship class. I am happy to have been chosen for this highly competitive program.