I have been continuously invited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA) as a Reviewer / Team member/ Chair for accreditation site visits since April 2010. This is a valuable and important recognition of my expertise by my peers in Hospitality Education.

In 2014, I was elected to serve on the ACPHA board as a Commissioner (elected in 2014 for a 3-yr term). I completed this term during summer 2017, and was commended for my expertise, and service commitment. ACPHA is considered the gold standard for accreditation in hospitality education and City Tech’s baccalaureate program is also accredited by ACPHA.

In 2014, I was invited to complete a Periodic Program Review for the Travel and Tourism Program at LaGuardia Community College.

In 2017, I was requested by the LaGuardia Community College to serve as a mentor for their Self-Study Report to support an application for the prestigious ACPHA accreditation.

In 2018 I was appointed to serve on the Advisory Board for LaGuardia’s Hospitality and Tourism program.

In 2019, I was asked to share my expert opinion on an industry publication article by Wallethub.com. Wallethub.com is a leading business and industry online source that is widely used by major news publications across the United States. Its users include the Washington Post, Forbes etc. The article with my comments and opinions as an expert can be viewed at (https://wallethub.com/edu/best-summer-travel-destinations/3792/#expert=amit-mehrotra).