Since my appointment at City Tech, I have participated in a number of committees and initiatives at the department, college and the university. Along with serving on the department assessment and B Tech committees, I also helped to revamp the department website in 2010.  I have served on the College Council since 2008, first as an alternate delegate and then as a department delegate. At the college council, I have served on the Personnel Committee, Technology Committee (Elected Chair 2012-2014), and Curriculum (2015 to present). Currently I am serving as the Secretary of the Curriculum Committee.

In addition to the above, I have served on the Academic Technology Committee (College wide) since 2007 and on the Online Learning Advisory Council (OLAC), since 2008. While serving on OLAC I worked on multiple initiatives such as recommendations for the 2013-2018 Strategic Plan as required by the Middle States, Students Assessment of Online and Hybrid Teaching (adopted by College Council), CityTech Technology Day (held in Spring), as well as presented on various initiatives to the Faculty, Deans, and Chairs. Some of the OLAC initiatives were also shared and presented for the larger CUNY community at the CUNY IT conference. I was also appointed as a member of the Sexual Harassment and Intake Committee (2010) by the President and invited to serve on the newly created Faculty Library Advisory Committee (2011) by the Provost.

Committee List

1. Diversity and Inclusion in Curriculum and Education (DICE)                                                    2019-Present

A sub-committee of the College Council Curriculum Committee, the role of the subcommittee is to devise and recommend policies that benefit a diverse student and faculty body at City Tech in teaching and learning.

1. College Council Technology Committee 2019- Present

College Council Technology Committee is a committee comprised of elected members of the College Council.  The goal of the Committee is to discuss, plan and support technology issues with regard to teaching and learning.

1. College Council Curriculum Committee 2016- 2019

(The faculty elected governing body for approval of programs/courses in the college)

1. College Council Technology Committee – Elected Chair 2012- 2015

A committee of the College Council, advocating and prescribing best practices for teaching, learning in scholarship with respect to technology

5. Online Learning Advisory Council (OLAC) 2008- present

A faculty committee on best practices for online and hybrid teaching, that also mentor faculty in order to teach hybrid and online courses

1. College Assessment Committee 2015

(A committee reviewing and initiating assessment within the College)

1. Member-Faculty Diversity Strategic Plan – New York City College of Technology                              2013

(Participated in the writing as well as proposing of College’s Diversity Initiatives)

(A College Council Committee that reviews, and advises on technology initiatives and infrastructure on teaching and learning within the campus)

1. College Assessment Task Force

(A College wide committee that reviews assessment practices within the hospitality curriculum)

1. Faculty Library Advisory Committee

The role of this committee was to discuss and debate issues related to library use by the students and faculty. Appointed by the Provost.

1. Department Assessment Committee 2011- 2015

(Department committee that reviews assessment practices within the hospitality curriculum)

(See 23 Folder Titled  “Service” /Service to the Department c))

1. CUNY’s Hybrid Initiative – Implementing Hybrid Learning & Teaching University wide,  2010- 2015

A grant that was given to the Instructional Technology Office at City Tech.

1. Sexual Harassment and Intake Committee – Appointed by the President 2010- 2013

The charge of this committee was to disseminate rule, policies and guidelines with regard to Sexual Harassment at City Tech.