Assignment #4: Storyboard for Advertising Research

Posted by on Nov 17, 2015 in storyboard | No Comments

Client / Client contact information:

Kinect for Xbox, A microsoft Company

What is Kinect

Kinect is a line of motion sensing input devices by Microsoft for Xbox 360 and Xbox One video game consoles and Windows PCs. Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral, it enables users to control and interact with their console/computer without the need for a game controller, through a natural user interface using gestures and spoken commands.

Annual profit of kinect

$6.63 billion Dollars

Project name and description:

Coolest Grandparents: A Campaign highlighting some of the most inspiring and active grandparents in America and The UK.

Background / Overview:

In the process of me brainstorming, I thought marketing and design a storyboard for Xbox Kinect that could be extended for a senior audience (65+) would be fun and interesting, I came to the conclusion that a big percentage of this audience is grandparents, and grandparents are highly influenced by their grandchildren, My goal in this campaign is to inspire grandchildren and grandparents to have quality time and stay active using xbox Kinect .

I wanted to break away from the stereotype of the senior audience (65+), that they are weak and boring. By taking inspiration from my amazing Grandma who served in the US ARMY in the 1960’s & 1970’s, She is very active, and sometimes has more energy than me. She constantly attending dances and fitness classes including zumba, and i know for a fact there are many grandparents like out there.

Objective

Being a grandparent  and age doesn’t matter. Whether they are 65 or 75, they still experience the same emotions when they have a grandchild and bond with them as they bond with, especially if they are re-living the glories days when telling their grandchildren stories when they were young.

Research has shown that Grandparents purchase one out of every five video games. The Purpose of this campaign is to tap into this market, and also motivating grandchildren to showcase their grandparents for a chance to win a kinect, to motivate more grandparents and grandchildren to bond and stay connected using kinect.

Target audience

Grandparents (65+)

Grandchildren (13 – 18)

Living is Urban and Suburban areas

Living America and The UK, will a special focus on New York City and London

Time of Video: 30 Sec

Script:  

Childs in the school playground .

Child 1 talking to child 2: My grandma will beat yours.

Child 2: Naaaa, my grandma is the feairst.

Camera Pans to playground to see to grandparents fighting

Children cheering for the grandparent to win.

Voice over: nominate the coolest grand you know for a chance to win a xbox kinect.

Closing screen Xbox kinect logo.