ENT 4410 TEAM PROJECT 1

For the first group project, we worked on a play called A Bandaged Place. We read the play, which was about a man who was trying to figure himself out who also had issues with an abusive ex, all while having to manage taking care of his daughter (his mom took care of her the most though) and having to deal with an injury he suffered while practicing in ballet. Once we finished reading the play, we had to do 2 things, which were drafting the set, and making a materials list for the set. Since this was a group project, me and Allison decided to split the project drawings and work on the materials list together. Allison worked on the walls for the set, while I worked on the platforms.

For the platforms, I had to figure out how many 4×8 I could fit in the platforms as well as what other sized platforms I could use to fill the rest. Overall, during my first try, I came up with needing 10 4×8 platforms and 6 special flats that fit around it. Once I finished drafting that, I had to decide how I was going to attach the platforms together, to which I decided to use coffin locks since it would make attaching the platforms simple for the crew that puts the set together. Once I was done with that, we had to make a materials list together, which was a tedious process since we had to email companies to figure out the prices of some of the things they had since it was a specially made item (the moulding). Once we got those, the rest went smooth, but finding the items was annoying.

Some of the things I messed up on on the first project was not factoring in the pricing of coffin locks/putting it in the materials list, as well as not putting it in the drawings for the people who are building it to see. I saw how complicated it could be once we did the platforms lab, so I took note of it once we started working on project 2. I also made the mistake of not putting things like brick treatment and pain into the materials list, and using lauan instead of plywood, which is stronger, for the walls. I also didn’t notice until the second project that I forgot a whole row of platforms in the back, as well as steps to get up onto the stage.

Also noted that it was messy the first time and hard to tell where each platform ended

Once I got the critique for the first project, I applied it to the second project as you’ll see in a different page