Visual Enhanced Quotes

Download (PDF, 405KB)

For this version of the visual quote, I wanted to focus on “broken”. The word itself is brought up in a somber connotation, so I had the quote placed in a black background with a white text to create high contrast, allowing the mood to really set in. I also placed the second half of the quote a bit further away from the first half (scattered letters). This was done to encourage viewers to seek out the larger and more obvious half of the quote before finishing it at the top.

Download (PDF, 400KB)

For this piece, I went over the sketch with a line and eclipse tool. While translating the sketch into a digital format, I cleaned up on the magnification of the lens and reduced the size of the quote outside the magnifying glass.

Download (PDF, 460KB)

Another piece in which I created from scratch with the line and eclipse tool. The compass pieces are spaced a little further and negative space is much more present. I used a different font in this version than on the first and highlighted the smaller part of the quote red to catch the viewers’ attention.