In the last class, we had our presentation due. Before that, we discussed job titles that Graphic Design Firms we have. There are so many positions which you chose and really work on it. First would be Entry level Designer meaning graduated from school and needs an assistant in all types of design. Junior and senior Designers creating layouts and decision-making and coming up with design solutions. Art Director and Creative Director work development of the project and have the final authority of decision-making of creative work. Many firms require copywriter, producer, illustrator, color retoucher and photo researcher and strategy. Content developer, Web designer, and Web developer create navigation web pages which interact. All of these jobs in team work together on projects. Each project requires different fields of people depending on the project.

All of these jobs in team work together on projects. Each project requires different fields of people depending on the project. The job titles made me think about where I want myself in the future. It is obvious first is entry level but I myself to see as the logo designer and junior and senior designer positions. It actually got me thinking where I want to see myself in my career. I know basics of HTML and CSS. Color retoucher and photo researcher is also interesting if I know it very well.

After discussing all the job titles and their descriptions, we watched ted talk of Marian Bantjes. While watching her video and how design chooses the design. I can relate to her work on a certain level like patterns. For me, if nothing is going right try the pattern and while doodling. Also, patterns help stay the viewer for a long time because you are taking the time to visual analyze everything on the page. I try to add pattern in my project so that it creates a visual impact on the viewer. She likes to work with the unusual material and I can relate because I like to work with materials like a roll of toilet paper. I flattened the 3 roll and cut three pieces. When you glue it together it becomes a flower. I use brown lunch bag and cut circles in different sizes. I glue it the thread and hang on the wall with wavy design. I try to different things like Marian. However, both have a different approach.

Another example of art I can relate is making hearts. She did valentine card with different art designs. I love it make hearts if the project requires the definition of love. Even I am doodling I have to draw hearts to start thinking. It has become a habit to draw heart all the time. Creating what you like never fails and that’s what I got from her video. Also if you love your work and you are true to it then nothing hold you back. I grew my work mostly because I wanted to create it not because it required being done. She heals herself by design and that is her profession.

Overall, the class lesson was short span because we had a presentation to present. 6 people presented including me. I thought to myself I was not good compared to all other presentations. I felt I needed to push myself more this semester in my projects for the portfolio. I want my project to have a visual impact on people and really makes people think how I created that. I learned this lesson during the class and Ted talk video of Marian Bantjes. This was the agenda of last week class.