“Wework” event which happened on November 4 was about how to protect your business. In order to pursue your passion, you need companies like Pardalis & Nohavicka attorney which presented their presentation. I met a lot of people and gave my business cards to them. The two people who gave me business cards caught my attention the most that evening. When I saw this event online it was really different than just a design event which would only talk about design. This one was talking laws and regulation if you are a freelancer or business owner.

We work event was actually difficult to find because it had weird direction through building and going outside. There was another woman who was trying to find the same place. We found it together and right the conversation started. We found the place together and she seemed very light-hearted. We went to the 4th floor together and right when entered we drop our business cards and they gave their business cards. We introduced each other. Her name is Cicely Robinson and she is a jewelry designer. Slowly we felt it was a small place to be in. We have Halloween cupcakes and juice. I started the conversation what do you and where you work? She worked at MTA for the 6th line which required a lot of paperwork she handles. We finally exchanged our business cards. She also designs jewelry she has a shop and sells online as well. She wanted me to design my business cards because she loved mine. We found a seat together and sat down to talk about work. I told her I design logos as well and she was amazed. She also said she will email me with design work.

The second person for business cards just came to me and introduced himself and asked me the right way to have my business cards. His name was Daniel and he worked for communication services. He did a lot of proof reading for media. He had worked on Newsletter and magazine and lots of things. I told him I like to do editorial design and Newsletters as well. He was old looked very much experienced about work. He also said He wants people for design work because he didn’t know design much. It was interesting to meet somebody who didn’t know anything about design.

Now, the speakers who presented their slides of information about how to protect your business. For example, he talked about you would have to protect your ideas so that no one steals it. One of the speakers Adriadne Panagopoulos and she gave example on if your phone had said Microsoft immediately you would think it’s from Bill Gates. That product will face laws because it justifies as Microsoft and not your company. We got to know the difference about LLC and S-CORP. The speakers mentioned that S-CORP is cheaper and valid enough for your company.

Overall, this event was very informative because it will help me in the future. If I design a logo and it depends on who would take care of rights of the logo. I thought that knowing the information now is better than later because you would know what action to take right way instead of waiting and searching what to do. I would want to go to more events like this so I can learn more about protecting a business.