Meet and Greet Flyer

Overall, this internship taught me a lot. Each month I did a flyer which was challenging because of deadlines. I improved on communication with my supervisor. One of the things I learned was to have a clear conversation with your clients. Every time I used to get the file to do the brochure. It was from Microsoft and I changed all the files into InDesign. Every other file was pdf or done in word. They used tell me to fix everything with Word. For few times I did fix it because I would need to send it to them ASAP. We used to have a weekly meeting. I made a point where I said that I wanted to create each file into InDesign. The challenge was to create everything and my time at the placement site. We did a meeting on where we can improve for the events. I had to create content which is easy to read and clear.

Coaching Flyer (Click to Enlarge)

I did coaching flyer for the first time. It was really amazing to see what I would do with so much text. that  I had to create ACS flyer. This flyer is for teachers events and the workshop series. I had really less space to design everything and plus it had to be clear. I had to think about the what the client wants. The font choice had to friendly not knockout type treatment. It had rules which I had to follow and work with it. I mean managed to put least one image in there. Often times when I used to reach the office it was very spontaneous of what had to be done. I couldn’t come prepared for anything. It was good to test myself and how I perform daily tasks. I did so much export the file because everytime something was missing. I taught myself to check every little thing on the file before you send it.