Resource Guide Cover

For the past few weeks, I have been working on Resource Guide which is a brochure for child care providers. I am dealing with so many issues with this project but I am keeping it calm because I am learning so much about handling a situation like this. I am working on Indesign file which is almost damaged but still working somehow. All the images and links were missing because designer who was working it didn’t package the file. So, in order to solve this problem, I had to go through our shared drive and looked for each image. Their PSD files as well and two of those were damaged. At this point, there was a lot of pressure on me because they had already paid the printer to print. Although, my supervisor has no design background knowledge she always appreciates at the end because she understands what I went through with this file. This is the cover which had so many changes from logos to type treatment. The guide was in each borough and its low-cost places.

Welcome page spread (Click to Enlarge)

The spreads of this project had a tremendous amount of change in text. This spread is actually 8.5 x 11 paper landscape. I had original 6 point text size there was so much text and I had to fit it on one page. I and my supervisor closely worked together on this project. My tasks were becoming difficult because all these spreads had to be changed entirely. So I would make sure that one spread is made for final and then I can make changes to other. It was really frustrating at the end because I had looked at this file forever and it was a just never-ending project. I mean I was working on till the last day at the internship. There is the welcome page I designed and put new images at the top of the page. We changed the text again until we finalized that it is correct and readable.

Bronx Spread (Click to Enlarge)

Brooklyn Spread (Click to Enlarge)