Texture & Graphic

In this project, texture to graphic was extremely interesting. What I really like about this project is that textures of any kind can turn into graphics. It creates an illusion in your mind. We needed 20 rubbings of texture that turn into graphics. In order to create figure/ground, we had make plan of 50/50 black and white. That each unit was mounted down and traced the shapes of texture. At the end it surprises because it’s not planned how it is going to come out.

For the 50/50 plan, I had to shade areas black and white. The shaded area for each unit, I chose white background and black shapes. The white area for each unit is black background and white shapes. After deciding the 50/50 plan, I traced the shapes of texture in each unit mounted down. Not only this then flipped the tracing paper over to trace the shapes from the back. On the right, trace the composition down from tracing paper with 4h pencil. After all of this, apply the 50/50 plan for shapes and background for each unit with the sharpies. I followed the plans for 50/50 clearly. When I presented to the class, I had a comment on it that it represents day and night. I was very happy with my project because it’s something that you don’t know how it is going to come out. That was the most curious part of it.