Ethics Assignment 1A and 1B

1A)

At my internship, most of the images we use are our own images that were shot just for the company’s use and are used for any promotional reasons and/or including them into the designs so we don’t really need to credit them since they are owned by the company. Other images we use for the design work are from a site where we have premium membership that allows us to download images/icons for free which I haven’t used much therefore I did not need to give any credit. The designs that I create, I try my best to not use any other image even if it’s a background image. I try to create my own because i think it would be good practice for me to depend only on myself for any design that I come up with. The company’s logos were given to me to use in my designs that I create for them and there are multiple logos for their subsidiaries as well. We don’t really need to credit them since they are also owned by the company and they have the copyright for those. The logos are used for the company’s promotional work.

1B)

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a legal contract that creates a confidential establishment. The person or parties signing the agreement are to agree that any sensitive or private information obtained will not be shared with anyone else and is to be kept private at all times. An NDA is also known as a confidentiality agreement. Companies require for new employees to sign the non-disclosure form (NDA) because they are to deal with confidential information and they do so in order to protect the information of the company. For my internship, I didn’t have to physically sign a confidentiality contract/agreement of any sort but when accepting the offer that the company had made me through email it had included that during my temporary employment with this company, I may have access to trade secrets and confidential or proprietary business information belonging to the company and its subsidiaries. By accepting this offer, I acknowledge that this information must remain confidential and agree to refrain from using it for my own purposes or disclosing it to anyone outside of the company. Also, that I agree that upon completion of my internship, I will promptly return any company-issued property and equipment along with information and documents belonging to the company. And by accepting their offer I agree to all of the above, which I did, and this also counts as me signing a non-disclosure form. I think regardless of signing a non-disclosure agreement, it is a designer’s moral obligation to refrain from disclosing any information or work related to the company they work for. That includes anything said or done in the company regarding work and I personally would have done that even if I didn’t sign any agreement. I think it counts as keeping your work life private from your personal life and likewise.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nda.asp