Welcome!

So I’m attempting to get things in order. Unfortunately this is what happens when I have too much freedom – I procrastinate and wait for the last minute to do things. I’ll take this as a life lesson. But here’s where I’m at so far:

• 3/19/2019: I met with Prof Terao and came to an agreement that rather than attempting to mess around with a big budget film, I will take a silent film clip and add audio to it. This sort of piggy-backs off of a project I did in my Sound for Multimedia class several semesters ago. However, rather than selecting from prerecorded sounds, I have the opportunity to design, record, and edit the sounds as I see fitting. This seems more exciting.

• 3/20/2019: I enlisted the help of a former classmate and alumni Daniel H to help with my project.

• 3/22/2019: I selected the silent film “Maniac Chase” from a public domain website to be the focus of the project. On the site it actually comes in 2 parts. I chose to focus on the one part though so I’m not working on an almost 10 minute feature being that I have so little time left.

• 3/26/2019: I finally met (with) Professor Trevino who is going to be my technical advisor for this project. He volunteered at the request of Profess Terao. I’m glad he did because as it turns out Prof. Trevino has experience with foley. So I’m really happy about that. He gave me a lot of great advice which makes me feel a lot more comfortable. We agreed that I will focus on 1 minute of video. If I can get to more great but as long as I get that one minute we both agreed that would be doable. He suggested I contact another former student (Maxwell W) whom I fortunately have a connection with.

• 3/28/2019: I’m currently waiting for Max to respond to see if he can afford the time to help me. In the meantime I have reached out to another adjunct professor (Alex Bottiglieri) to see if she can help me do some mic testing. As I do not believe that City Tech will allow students to use microphones off premises, this will at least allow me to know what microphones I would need to rent.

That’s all the updates I have for now however I have more that I’m working on as I type so updates will come along soon!

-Andrew