Description

We are to write about 3 art works from the virtual  trip-NASSAU MUSEUM EXHIBIT “BLUE”

The Huxley guide to Switzerland by Christopher Winter

This first piece caught my eye because I liked the way he used the blue around the person that seems to be split into two personalities. It not a flat The blue is used well that you are able to see the  reflection from the top background to the water. They seem to be looking at their own reflection of themselves in a different view from the other.

Miro – Verve Edition 

The moment I saw this pieces I really liked the way it was set up. I think that this piece used the right amount of blue because it stands out the background of the work. I thought about it representing the sky because of the brilliant blue and that also that there is a black star on the top right and in the left centered is like a sun. Both the sun and star are of a different color from what you’ll imagine them to have looked like in the art pieces. There seems to be a type of floating feeling on top of a landscape. I find it very unique.

Heart Glass by Clive Smith

The blue in the art piece illuminates the surroundings and makes them stand out more, like the snow pure white and the tree covered in cold snow. The blue helps bring light into the art work and create small shades like the one behind the tree. The repetition in this piece is the square tiles creating the glass look but every tile has its own part and detail to them come as a whole.