- Scott Corbett, P. at all. (2017) “Cotton is King: The Antebellum South, 1800-1860,” OpenStax (OpenStax Website)
- Only read and print Chapter 12, the entire chapter, pages 331-360.
- Carney, Judith. “The African Antecedents of Uncle Ben in US Rice History” Journal of Historical Geography. Volume 29, Issue 1, January 2003, pages 1-21. (NYCCT Library Access: Log in with barcode from ID required, if off campus )
- The Quilt Makers of Gee Bend, PBS (Vimeo)
- View the first 16:05 minutes
- Mississippi Delta Blues, Muddy Waters (YouTube)
- Let it Shine on Me, Lead Belly, Smithsonian Folkways (YouTube)
- All on a Mardi Gras Day, New Orleans, Kweli TV (YouTube)