Visual Quote Project

These were the first concepts that i had created for this quote which was from the bible Proverbs 26:11 ” As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.” My idea was to take one of my favorite quotes rather than being a goof ball and do something that is deep and serious to me as an individual.

QUOTE
this was my first concept and I wanted to go for a realistic shaped dog rather than a cartoon dog and since the quote was based off of a dog I had to use the dog as my main highlight. I also enjoy the elements of organic shapes and different colored words to emphasis points in the quote.

Quote2
The second one is my favorite one because I love the cartoonist feel I went for and I used less colored text to make it more legible. I also went this route because its much easier to balance between the background and the image itself and it flows much better than the first one.

Quote3
For my final concept I used the quote without the use of the dog and focused more on the weight of the words for a eye flowing feel. The last one is least favorite because I like more visuals rather than just text but i overcame that by the vomit within the back ground giving it an artist look either way.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio