“HEISLER”

“Gregory Heisler is a professional photographer known for his evocative portrait work often found on the cover of magazines, such as Time, for which he has produced a number of Man, Person, and People of the Year cover” So, I read this fist before I looked up his work because I wanted to know bit about photographer. Then I saw his portfolios all of his is work is just like what it said lots of portraits shoots.
When I looked in his portfolios I can not find something I like because it’s all looks just like other inspiration people we did before but the end of this portfolios there is a section called “Other” I looked up that and I loved it. In “other” all the picture is high speed photography and it had so much emotional even when its just place without any people in the picture. I liked this picture because it’s so simple, picture of a window but what makes this so great is the use of high speed. when you look at this picture you will feel insecure and scared because its look like someone is watching you or something is coming in your room. Also, the sky and the tree helps to make this photo feel more scared.

One thought on ““HEISLER”

1. rmichals

I can see I am not going to convince you of the art in portrait photography.

I am glad that you found something of interest in Heisler’s work. What I find interesting about the photos in the Other section is many are out of focus. Certainly the one you selected has nothing sharp. This in fact may add to the ominous feeling it creates. the color here is lovely.

If yo like this kind of photo, do some long exposure work at night.