DIY Studio

imageThis is my DIY photography studio and is still in the prosses of getting better and improving as I experiment with the light and find a better placement. To start I had no idea how to accomplish this and try to get a few ideas from whatever I had available at home. First I found a light that’s been in my closet for a few months that I’ve never use before it was exactly what I needed according to the few blogs and videos I watched. It also came with a clamp that was really helpful to keep it in place. Next I needed some type of stand and I didn’t seem to find any and opt to use a chair as a temporary placement. I also needed some type of backdrop and I notice that I had a few rolls of left over Christmas wrapping paper. My idea is to use the blank side as a back drop and revers it to the color side as a color backdrop. This paper can also be use as a diffuser as is thin and can be warily place around the light. In this picture there’s also a black cardboard that can be place anywhere to use as contrast or just to experiment with a few color. A few of the challenges I think I will encounter are the fact that I don’t seem to find any other stands for the light and also the type of light that I can use as there are different lightbulb to choose from and plan on getting a few different ones to experiment with the light. One thing that I forgot to include was a small tripod that can be place in front of the chair and easily move around with no need to adjust the other elements also a morrow to use a reflection to be combine with the light and create different types of light on the subject . I have a few more ideas to increase the quality and variety of photos that can be taken in this small studio that need more materials such as getting more lights. 

One thought on “DIY Studio