HW #1

HW # 1 – DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY II

If I were the art director in charge of the Honda FCX Clarity, a fuel cell Electric Vehicle, the photographer I Would choose is Tim Wallace. Although Tim Wallace typically photographs cars that are at the higher end of the spectrum I believe hiring him would help the issue with the public viewing the Honda FCX Clarity as inferior. I believe this photographers use of low angle shots and clean dark background in his work shows these cars as powerful and superior. I believe the dark solid background makes these cars appear somewhat exclusive and shows empowerment.  Interestingly enough, he also uses a lot of eye level photographs in his work. I believe the eye level images makes it so that these cars are in a way attainable despite their high status and value. He also uses a deep depth of field to make these cars stand out. He uses high contrast and symmetrical images to make the cars look clean cut. The sleek red of the Honda FCX will also blend in nicely with Mr. Wallace’s work. From what I see on this photographer’s website, he is very diverse in his work due his shooting luxury cars in photo shoots to vans or even commercial trucks in some. His motto “I can’t stress enough that each situation in car photography is different and it’s not the equipment that makes the image, it’s the passion and imagination that is invested into it.” will best represent the Honda brand and help with capturing the feeling of the Honda FCX Clarity. It won’t be like every other car but instead it’ll be the car you never knew you needed.