LL9 – Final Evaluation

After the semester, the three most important concepts I learned from this class is

– the importance of long exposures with the use of a tripod. Forcing myself out of my comfort zone led me to taking strides in finding new ways of capturing the shot that I was looking for. Although I may have looked awkward lugging around a tripod in my neighborhood, it helped me vastly get a shot that I couldn’t have possibly found using the camera handheld. Strictly putting time and effort to explore different settings helped me find the ideal shots.

– using my creativity to deliver several different messages using an object, person, or gesture. This point of the semester really challenged me to think outside the box and try out different ideas. Experiments sometimes work and sometimes don’t, but if you never try they will never work. Without the help of my classmates these photo-shoots wouldn’t have been possible.

– use of different angles and critical timing in street photography. Street photography has always been my favorite type of photography and I learned that you can capture the same shot many different ways just by moving my body/arms according to the preference that I was looking for. I noticed that the viewfinder will always be my “third eye” and I must keep it open at all times and stay focused or else that once in a lifetime shot would be gone forever.

After this class I can honestly say I understand photography more then I ever did before and I will never look at photos the same because of it. I enjoy soaking it the new details that I never saw before and appreciate the works seen in galleries online and in person. I must work on my studio work and indoor lighting so I can become an overall better photographer. It was a pleasure being in this class. Thank you.