Walt Disney World College Program Internship

Living, Learning, Earning

As a college program intern I worked at Disney’s Epcot Theme Park in food and beverage out door vending. In this roll you are required to have good guest interaction skills as well as food handling capabilities. For the most part of your day you are left either alone or with one other person at any of the various carts around the park. This means you are responsible for your actions throughout the course of the day without direct supervision. I did enjoy feeling in control of my own cart, it allowed me to better my money handling skills and really put a lot of the pressure off for the times I was not being directly watched. Of course I still did all of my actions in the “Disney way” but this allowed me to find my own groove in this enormous operation.

While on this program I choose to stay within Disney housing at two bedroom four person apartment. Here we work for our stay and the rent gets pulled every week from our paychecks. Living on my own essentialy has also allowed me to learn a different kind of responsibility. While going to work and school I am also responsible for my at home duties. My time management skills has defiantly increased over the time I have spent on this program.

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."