Faith S. – Journal 3

It is now the fourth week, and still nothing. Again, I have emailed the companies to let them know I am very interested. I’m still looking around!

Along side this journal, we were to read “Spelling” from Rules of Thumb. It explains how words can sometimes be misspelled because of how we are used to pronouncing them. Or even because of how the English language is a bit odd. An example is the rule, “I” before “E” except after “C.” Words like “believe” and “deceive” follow that rule most do, but words like “weird” and “foreign” do not. I find it hard to misspell the majority of these things because I was taught to write it that way.

I was also suppose to read was an article in The New Yorker called “Creation Myth” by Malcolm Gladwell. It was not only about how Apple came to be but also who an ambitions person jumped onto an idea that was being toyed with privately and exposed it to the world publicly, changing the world with the idea greatly over time once the idea became a reality. Xerox had these computers they used to transfer information within the company. Steve Jobs wanted to take the idea and make it popular. He was the one that set the pavement for personal computers. Making them user friendly, cheaper and more affordable enabling more people to have access to them rather than just big corporations. I want to be like that. I want to take a good idea and make it an astounding reality for others.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.