Journal #17 – Astrid Sarmiento

Astrid Sarmiento

Intern at A.R.T.S.Y Magazine

www.artsymagazine.com

My final task for today is to work with Google Analytics, Presspad and MailChimp. I am responsible to note down and collect the data from our analytics. I have to compare the last four months of 2013 and the first four months of 2014, note down our unique visitors, page views, demographics (age and gender), location (country and cities) the top ten from how many there is (the total). Collect the top 5 posts, note down the top 5 devices (operating system). Compare the number of user and viewers who use Apple and/or Samsung devices in those months. Then I had to go into presspad and collect the data of our sales. I had to looked into the last 4 months of 2013 and compare it as well to the first four months of 2014. Then I had to sum up the revenue for each month (only sales). Then for MailChimp I had to do a reports comparison analysis as well with each of the newsletters that have been send so far. Next, I had to look into our each of social media platforms and report how many followers, likes, subscribers, etc we had for each as well. After I collected all of the data I organized it in tables then I had all of the sales in revenue of each month and year in an excel sheet and I exported it into a PDF. Then later on in the week I send out our newsletter of the week. Overall, it has been an interesting experience thus far working with the creative team of the magazine that I have been asked to continue working with them after I am done with school. I always told myself that once I graduated I would only focused with writing because that’s what I truly love but hey who said I can’t do both!

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

Tagged with , .

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.