Journal entry#8

Today my task was to design a business card for Angels Consultant Services. The company had a lot of information that had to go on the card and requested to have a simple but elegant design. They also allowed us to use color which I think is a favorable feature but where the challenge came in was finding the right position to but all the information and make it look nice, simple and readable. I was told to make three different versions so I did two horizontal and one vertical to see which one would look best with the information giving. Although I did not have to make a logo for the company I tried to make the name of the company stand out. I was advised that when you have many information you can put the most important ones bigger and what’s not as important can go really small. This way you have more room to play around with the design and you can create nice visuals with the different sizes. I decided to play around with shapes and angles for the vertical card because I wanted to make it a little more interesting and dynamic. For the horizontal cards I used bars to bring the attention to a certain area. I was not completely satisfied with the business cards because I felt like the whole process was rushed. She said that they did not pay a lot for us to give them more ideas and their was also another project that we had to work on that had to be finished by the end of this week. She also said that the client will let us know if we should do another design or just rearrange what we have.

The next project we moved on to was a single page Ad that will be featured on the “bump magazine”. The Ad is promoting our company’s baby photography packages for this up coming year. I was giving specific instructions on how the design should stay true to the brand identity of glyph creative studio. To keep the brand looking the way it should I had to use centric gothic for the font and use the color blue for the background. What I was allowed to change was the layout of the ad and I was able to select the baby pictures that I felt was right for the promotion. I also came up with a cool pattern for the background and helped wording the phrases that she wanted to incorporate. This was a fun project and a learning experience on how to design around  the identity of a company.

Posted in Uncategorized.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.