Journal #5 – Astrid Sarmiento

Astrid Sarmiento

Intern at A.R.T.S.Y Magazine

www.artsymagazine.com

On March 1st, we had our first official meeting since last December. Today’s meeting was to discuss and review the different artists that the entire team has pitched for our upcoming issue #7 which focuses on music. This meeting was quite different from other meetings because instead of just discussing our ideas. We actually sat and really listened to the material of each artist together. Usually we just note down the artist names or bands and we go home and listen individually but today we got down to business and really listened to the mix tapes and albums of each artist as well as their music videos. It was nice and it was different to vibe out and try out something totally different with my fellow colleagues.

All of this reminded me of the article read for our first homework called “How To Get a Job” by author Thomas L. Friedman and also the quizzes taken online. I recalled that the article had discussed on how an employer can add value and by working as a team at A.R.T.S.Y and coming up with strategic ways in which we can function better creatively in our meetings is quite beneficial in helping the both the employers and in helping our magazine grow. One of the questions in the quizzes asked how comfortable are you with changes or are you up for challenges. Really grasping the artist material and taking in on what they sang or rap and not just the beats was pretty challenging especially the hip-hop material but it was an interesting method and I hope that we repeat it on our later meetings.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

Tagged with , .

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.