Journal 7

Journal Six

It wasn’t a great day at the job yesterday, October 23, 2013.  In the morning I wasn’t busy at first, and then did some more Photoshop scanning and printing.  After a little hesitation, I did complete it..   I decided to go see what exactly someone else in the office was working on, and watched him for a while.  After a while, one of the employees asked if I would like to do a similar drawing, and of course, I said I would if he wanted me to.  I stayed over on that side of the office after that, and later on, the other intern and I were told we were going to get a tutorial in technical drawing.

An employee explained some things to us for about a half an hour, and then he asked use to repeat something he had done, and send it to him.  Again, I felt frustrated as I didn’t get it perfect, even after re-doing it.  The other intern didn’t get it either, at first, but later did do it correctly.  It felt like this big competition they set up between him and I, which I don’t want.  I didn’t know if the winner got to do the rest of the work or what the point of the contest was.

Therefore, I started looking for another internship job today.  I don’t mind a job where I know if there are going to be others doing similar work to me, but in this situation, I was led to believe that this would not be the case.  There is only one desk and computer for an intern in the office, so I don’t know why they have both of us there.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.