Journal #6

I am now in the groove with going to my internship site. I am doing twenty four hours a week to even out my semester in order to go to school, internship and work. Im excited to say I have been working on a lot of projects such as restaurant menus, flyers and posters. Its exciting because I am able to see my work in the real world not just a screen. Seeing my work in the real world excites and inspires me to create greater work.

One thing I have learned is how to work with clients. Some clients don’t know what they want, so I have to prep them and ask them what type of design would they like, bring samples of designs you like, ask them what colors they like etc. Also I have learned to send clients low res proofs when you are a printer. The reason you do this is so its clear enough to see a design but low res enough not to print any where else.

There are many printers in JLC Printing. They have plotters, Digital Printers, Thermal Printers and many more. I also learned how to make t shirts with  a heat press. The first step is designing the shirt on your computer, then you send the design to the plotter. The plotter prints and cuts the design on a special type of paper almost like a sticker. When everything is cut you place your printed design on your shirt. Place your shirt on the heat press for 5 senconds and your design is on your shirt.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.