Jay Soo’s Journal Entry 2

Jay Soo

9/18/13

ADV 4900-E299

When I went to the interview on Monday and got my internship at 16 Court Street, I was more relieved than happy. Sure I was happy, but I guess I was feeling more relieved because I got an internship so fast and I don’t have to worry about finding one along with my other classes. And so I called my girlfriend, text messaged my brother, and visited my mum at her salon; they seemed happier than me.

Thursday finally came and I got up early for preparations and travel time. I got there earlier than I expected, I figured I would be early but not THIS early. My supervisor is professor Vargas; he showed me to my desk and gave me work. My desk, or “working area”, is quite big; there are a total of 3 computers and a scanner, with other junks around, and enough room for almost four people.

My first task was simply scan a bunch of photographs on the computer and put them in a folder; I believe my professor was going to use them for something. The least I could do was scan and align them correctly, and save them with 300dpi. I then realized I could scan two to three photographs at the same time to speed up the process. When I finished I was asked to do something else; he told me to mask things out on Photoshop and put them in layers. Initially I wasn’t so confident because I thought he wanted me to do some advance stuff, but I pulled through because I’m quite familiar with the program and I practiced; I never knew I would actually put these skills to use so fast. At the end of the day I felt somewhat refreshed, that I made it through the first day with ease. I look forward to my next day of work!

Posted in Uncategorized.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.