My First Interview!

Currently, I’ve been applying for a variety of design, web, and social media internships from sites such as NY Creative Interns and Indeed.com. I’m applying for these types of internships because I’m interested in being in a position relating to the three and they relate to what I’m majoring as a web designer at CityTech. I enjoy these subjects and feel working as an intern for something I can relate to would be much preferred and possibly something I can enjoy working for after becoming an intern.

One of the companies that have contacted me and had an interview in was Sony Music, a music company located at Sony Building in New York City.  Sony Music was looking for an intern for their Creative Group program.  The Creative Group program is responsible for designing the advertising billboards, posters, album covers, logos, booklet design, and CD covers.  As a fan of music and knowing some of my favorite artists and bands are labeled at Sony Music, I decided to apply for the internship and hope that I get an interview with them soon.  Thankfully, they did!  I managed to speak with the chairman of the Creative Group program, show him my portfolio, and express my interest in being part of the company.

Sony Music was the first to contact me for an interview which made me enthusiastic. I’m hoping, as I apply to other internships, that I have an opportunity for an interview for their companies as well.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 6pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.