Field Trip Report UFT

TRIP PIC 1 The machine above was my favorite machine to discover in the trip. The machine is a paper cutter but for large stacks of paper. The machines operator stated that is applies about 300 pounds of pressure to the paper first. Then the machine lines up the blade and quickly cuts the stack. The measurements are preset already so all that is required is that you line the stack up in the proper area of the machine. A cool feature the machine has is that it can detect when an object other than the paper is in the cutting area. For instance if my hand was in the way and I pressed start, the machine won‘t start until my hand is moved.trip pic 2

This machine was also a cool one. It’s basically a really long old school printer. The machine acted like a printer; it rolled paper in, engraved the 11 by 17 paper with whatever information was preset, then it had a roller in the end to dry the ink. The machine did have a function to increase or decrease the speed. It is also a 3 man job to use this machine. If one man used this machine he would be running back and forth.

trip pic 2 The machine is able to take a stack of envelopes, individually grab one, take whatever needs to be out in the envelope, puts that inside the envelope and seals it. The machine works fast and does all the tedious work for you.