Graphic Principles I

Graphic Principles, what is Graphic Principles? When first entering the class, my expectations were different from what the results were. When thinking about graphic design, I thought everything would be done on the computer. Which made me think the class would be taught on the computer as well. I thought the class would be based on the Adobe programs. Which is wasn’t. When first reading the list of tools for the class, I came to the realization that we would be doing it on paper. Which wasn’t all that bad since it will teach us where it all started.

During first few weeks of the class, I learned many things. We learned the basics of graphic principles. This will lead to me learning how to get the right sizing and space. These two are important aspects of design. For a perfect design you must have perfect sizing and spacing. Margins and actual size of an image have to be perfect for it to work. We would learn many things such as patterns and colors. Assignments such as two tones grey scales, would teach us how to pick the right amount of two colors to work together. Colors are important when it comes to design, you want the colors to work so that your audience so that they enjoy your work.

Towards the end of the semester the assignments became more complicated. We would have to put all the elements we’ve learned through out the semester into one narrative piece. All the material I’ve learned throughout the year such as spacing, sizing, color and much more would be put into a narative piece. When working on the final project, I put all I’ve learned into it. Getting the size and margins right so that it works and making the colors work together.

The end of the semester is almost near, and I’ve learned a lot. My expectations towards the class, was different from the results. The results were completely different, but they were also positive. Learning many things that technology couldn’t really teach you. Getting hands on with the shapes and colors was a different experience than being on the computer. They are the same elements to learn but a different experience. I can see the class have a positive output on my future and how I look at graphic design in the future. All my senses of design will be improved cause of this course.

final3.IMG_2980 IMG_2981

Angel Caquias Graphic Principle I