Before being known as Wall Street, a tall wall literally stood at the Southern boundary of what was then called New Amsterdam. This wall was created to keep away Native American Tribes from the Colonists. A century later it became one of the greatest trading centers of the world. Better known as the Buttonwood Agreement, this trading began with traders trading around a buttonwood tree. To make their trading a more formal association, the people began to call it the Buttonwood Agreement. This agreement was the seed that created the New York Stock Exchange.
ENG 1101 – 5363
- Carlos Mo Wu on Burj Khalifa -Austin Felix
- Stephanie.S on Formal Description: One World Trade Center
- Rob Daley on Burj Al Arab description – Carlos Mo Wu
- Austin Felix on Formal Critique
- Stephanie.S on Burj Al Arab description – Carlos Mo Wu