Visual Quote

Assignment

Our assignment was to pick a quote and create a 8.5″ by 5.47″ postcard of that quote. We also had to visually enhance the quote using line art, typography, and photographs. I chose the quote “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you”. This quote is from Game of thrones specifically the character Tyrion.

Visually Enhanced Quotes

quote3

quote1

In this design I tried to use mainly text. I tried to emphasize the word armor since I think it is and important part of the quote. I used grey because the quote is directed at a Stark in the show and their Sigil is a grey wolf on a white field. I couldn’t use white because it was hard to read so I used black outlines on the text.

quote5

quote2

In my second visual quote design I used a photo from the show. At this point in the show the character who the quote is directed at is going save a member of his family and going back to his home. I thought that the “Never forget what you are” part was important here because the character is embracing who he is at this point. The font I used was Garamond.

quote4

quote3

This is another use of typography only. I used the same font and tried to bring attention to both the beginning of the quote and the armor part. I tried to make the word armor look big and bold like armor is.