COMD 1112 Video Project

The Assignment

For this assignment, we were asked to create a two-minute interview video with a fellow student. We were required to have a tile with the interviewee name and credits with music transitioning in at some point of the video. To interview my partner, I first read the about me part of her e-portfolio to get some basic knowledge about her, and from there, I came up with several questions to ask her.

The Questions

1. Why did you move to New York? Where are you from?

2. Did you pick computer science major because you felt it was a lot more secure then graphic design?

3.What about graphic design interest you? Did you ever have enthusiasm in graphic design or creating in general?

4. Where do you expect to be in five years?

5. What skills have you learned by studying this major?

6. What do you hope to get better at?

7. Where do you think this major will lead you? Where do you hope it will lead you? What are your expectations?

8.Whats one company you would love to design for?

9. Name another designer you admire and why?

10. Whats a reputation you would like to create about yourself with your art?

1. The Video

https://youtu.be/Ed7E1ncvsQs

Final Thoughts

Creating this video was an exciting process; I’ve never worked with video editing programs before, so that was a challenge. When creating a video, especially an interview with someone talking, you have to be aware of time. What I mean by that is that when splitting a video, you have to leave enough space when transitioning, so it doesn’t seem rushed and awkward. I was lucky in this assignment by getting a fantastic partner that gave great answers, but that let me with about ten minutes of footage that took very long to cut down. Another challenge I faced was the environment and the noise. I envisioned the video to be set on the streets of new york that had people and cars passing by, but for the editing, it was a nightmare controlling the background noise, so it didn’t distract from the speaking. Overall after all the challenges, I’m very proud of the video I produced and felt like you got to know who my partner is.