To become a nurse mean that one has decided to undertake a profession in caring and assisting in the well being of mankind. The nursing profession is not for everyone, but those that chose this path wholeheartedly in life stand to reap the rewards of a profession that is both honorable and gratifying.

My mission is to implement what is necessary for the health,welfare ,maintenance,and protection of those in need, without prejudice, in a compassionate matter and in accordance with American nurses Associations standers of practice.

I believed that it is every nurses duty to keep up to date with his/her skills and knowledge. Healthcare as a whole is consistently evolving and nurses must be fully aware and informed of changes in order to provide the best care possible with precision and poise . Taking the time out to read journals, articles, and attending refresher coarse should be one of the nurses many priorities. To facilitate in a growth of knowledge, effective communication among interdisciplinary in a healthcare team is paramount as well. Engaging in conversation with a social work, a physical therapist, or a respiratory therapist with regards to their specialty ,as it pertains to perhaps your patient, can become an opportunity where a wealth of knowledge can be gained.

A patient centered approach to care is my model. I believe a patient must be involved in his or her care in order to attain the best results. This means educating patients and involving them in their plan of care and listening to their concerns. Understanding that each patient situation is specific to his her her own is key. Knowing that some patients are able to cooperate more then others. Being able to identify with patients weaknesses, and facilitating when necessary is important for the nurse/ patient relationship and their overall health.

Furthermore mutual respect for everyone on a team is essential. My model “team work makes the dream work” I believe that everyone should strive to establish and maintain a productive relationship with co-workers in order to optimize the work place environment for example, a doctors ,fellow nurses, nurses aids, clerks, house keeping and environmental. It has bin my experience that no job is to small or to big and when every one on the team is appreciated the “work” gets done well. To often individuals get caught up in job titles are not looking at the bigger picture.

Last but not least I believe that in order to have an abiding love for nursing a nurse must attain and achieve a healthy work/life balance. The utilization of good time management is key and it lends its self to an overall feeling of well being.