Academic Examples

VISUAL QUOTATION PROJECT

Profesor : Tanya Goetz

GRA 1111 

“I hated every minute of training but I said dont quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion” -Muhammad Ali

Strong word from such a powerful and respectable man. I chose this quote because I wanted something that was both motivational and inspiring, and there is no person better than Mohammad Ali to give such inspiration. I went through many quotes before finally choosing this one. Muhammad Ali’s excellent work ethic and mentality to never give up is what drove him to be “the greatest’” and when it comes to being a champion Mohammad is one of the first names in anyone’s thoughts.

Visual Quatation #1visual quotation #1

In Visual Quotation #1 i wanted to emphasize on the word “champion” so I chose a modern typeface with a city skyline knockout. I put the font in yellow to symbolize the championship belt, gold, royalty, or fame. The city skyline represents the fact that he is the champion of the world almost like the world conquers all. I made the rest of the quote in a old style font, keeping the focus once again on “champion”.

visual quotation #2jpegvisual quotation #2

In this version i made a purple background with yellow letters in a decorative font along with another decorative font with a image of Muhammad Ali himself inside. I chose a purple background and the yellow words to represent royalty, I not only wanted to emphasize the word champion but the fact that Muhammad Ali was THE champion. My goal here was to make a comic book style theme almost as if it was torn from the middle of a old boxing comic  by an inspired child.

visual quotation #3 jpegvisual quotation #3

For the final representation I made a much similar visual concept as #2, except this one I went with a more simple and professional look, maybe something for an ad or magazine. I chose a simple san-serif typeface in white with a black background all in lowercase or a knockout typeface. I tried to make this a simple and easy for the reader along with his picture in a much more simple font again.

ZOO POSTER PROJECT

Profesor : Amanda Trager 

ADV1161

zoo poster

Small Poster Created for the “Brooklyn” zoo.