ENG 1121 – D465
summarize the poetry
Poetry name: I Ask My Mother to Sing by Li-Young Lee. (Page 147)
- This poem shows a sadness, darkest mood about remembering their birthplace where they haven’t even went.
- Don’t forget your nationality even though you are in different country and speak different language, but your blood is who you are.
- The author missed his childhood memories and how he missed the times he had with his father, mother and grandmother.
- It’s shows how much he care for his parents and his family.
- You will never forget the happiness moment you had with you family and when you miss it you will cry.