The Green Light

The Green Light

In this photograph taken of my friend by a shore, it has reminded me of the “green light” scene in The Great Gatsby which represents the American Dream in the book. It was a bright summer day and the sun was shinning right at us. It was my first time there so it’s not a time I will forget. No filter.

Oula Jabali
03/04/2014

One Response to The Green Light

1. This also reminded me of the green light symbol from the book “The Great Gatsby”, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The stadium in this photo consists of large rocks infested with moss laying by a riverside, presumably the Hudson River. A young man wearing a white polo shirt and slacks appears to be looking at the other side of the river similar to that of Jay Gatsby in “The Great Gatsby”. The frame is important in this picture as the young man is centered in the photo making him the most noticeable next to the layers of rock below his feet. The frame cuts off what seems to appear as an endless body of water. The realism in the photo is very high as we can find the exact location this photo was taken from its surrounding. The pro-filmic event in the photo is the light caused by the sun which reflects off the water giving it a glistening look and a calming effect.