Vacancy x Traffic

20140316_161358

I took this photo on March 16, 2014. I was in the car with my mom and her husband and we were on our way to Yonkers when I decided to play around with my camera and see if I could take a nice photo. I like how this photo came out because the frame shows that I was inside of the car while I took it. I also like the emptiness that it portrays with the dead grass and the single light pole on the street. I also think the house in the photo looks a bit creepy because it’s as if nobody lives in it. This makes the photo interesting.

20140316_201808

This photo was taken on the same day (March 16, 2014). It was taken in a similar frame from the first picture because I took them both while inside of a car. On our way back home from Yonkers we were stuck in traffic for about 30 minutes and I decided to take a picture. I didn’t know the photo would come out with the lights looking like that but when I saw the photo later on I liked how the red slashes across the frame made me feel like I was looking at something that I had to wait for, Like waiting at a red light.